Saturday 28 April 2012

WAZAT??? The Early and Most Authentic Version of the Discovery Channel

I woke up this morning to the sun sneaking in through my window and the sound of a kiddie outside asking 'WAZAT?'  and then 'WAZAT?' and then 'WAZAT?'.  You get the picture sunny day and child discovering the wonders of the world.

I've been thinking a lot this week about how we discover things, how we discover what we like, how we like to feel and how we are then desensitised and deprogrammed to fit in with the acceptable behaviours and desires of some collective force of 'normal'.  I have spent the best and worst parts of the last several years fighting my way back from that desensitisation and deprogramming to dig out my authentic self.  And I am currently trying to figure out for the sake of my son's sanity and amazing authenticity how in whatshisname I can help him avoid this pain and futility.  And then there is the little voice at the back of your head that asks 'should you really be doing that?'  But my bullshit monitor is out and I recognise the 'shoulds' and 'should nots' in this world for where they truly belong - with someone else'. And so I guess I have some figuring out to do.  Did you think there was going to be some a-ha answer to my rocking question?  There may well be, and if you know it please let me know - and when I do some more figuring I'll get back to you.

In the meantime on with living in the moment - and the sunshine - and the wonder.


Catherine @ The MacsX

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...