Sunday 15 July 2012

The Usual Sunday BS

I feel like I haven't written here in forever - the last couple of weeks have been a bit of an emotional roller coaster - suffice to say what has now become known as my 'funeral outfit' had what seems to be it's annual outing and I was knocked off kilter for a while.

At times like this you don't have the energy to create a heartfelt card - perhaps I should create a stash of 'Thinking of You' cards for when the occasion comes to pass.  But then I try to use my crafting as a creative escape most of the time and so not really my first choice.  As serendipity does I found a gorgeous poem by bentlily,'the little things I left behind', and will definitely keep it in my back catalogue.

Anyways, morose aside, what's been happening?



Christmas in July - the idea has grown on me and I thoroughly enjoyed creating my seasonal shop banner at Etsy.  I have placed a 20% discount on all my shop stock and am offering free P&P - generous or what?  When I get into the festive spirit there's no stopping me...

Not been doing any creating but a lot of thinking and am really looking forward to launching my
 new product lines in August/September buoyed on by my winning cushion and a gorgeous card I bought at Creative Connections - much more will be revealed in the weeks to come.

I have decided to no longer use my macsx.com website and do everything from here, building on the premise that you really do not have to spend a lot of money to create a successful business.

Concentration has been lacking of late and so my reading has suffered a little.  Right now I'm going for the relaxing read of 'Women of a Dangerous Age' by Fanny Blake I seem to have created a library of fiction that somehow still relates to craft.  So my reading list for this week is sticking to this fiction and google reader for news from the blogosphere.

As far as achieving anything on my to-do list goes of late that would be a big fat 'carry forward'.  Top of my list for today will be checking out the Craftblog UK article on getting on the front page of google ahead of the #cbuk chat this evening at 9pm(GMT) about blog content.

I'm hoping to resume normal blogging this week and so am off to update the old google editorial calendar.

Happy crafting


Catherine at The MacsX

1 comment:

  1. Awe sorry to hear your funeral out fit has been out so much. :(


    Ifound your blog through the #cbuk chat this evening, pleased to meet you :).
    Donna x x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...