Thursday 19 July 2012

Every Picture Tells a Story - Really?

I opened my Etsy shop in April last year.  And to date I have had 0 sales.  I guess the big question is what am I doing wrong - or perhaps what am I not doing right?

My Etsy Shop


$16.00

$14.40

$14.40

$9.60

$28.00

$16.00

$12.00

$24.00

$16.00

$11.60

$12.80

$14.40

$12.00

$6.40

$6.40

$4.00

I must admit that I haven't really got the hang of teams or circles or treasuries.  I have enjoyed putting a few treasuries together.  I am in some circles - can't admit to knowing how I got into them really and I have joined a couple of teams.  I recently joined the Glasgow Etsy Team mostly due to the suggestion of meeting like minded folk in  a real setting.  I am so looking forward to meeting everyone in Glasgow on August 1st.

Anyways, what is it I'm doing or not doing?  When I asked some of the folk on the Etsy Success Team it seemed unanimous that my pics left a lot to be desired.  So, while I've got everything on sale for 'Christmas in July' I'm going to work my way through the pics, especially since I've found PicMonkey, and hopefully improve them.  I really am averse to spending a lot of time on pieces I completed some time ago, especially as I'm about to launch a new product line.  So if anyone can think of any quick fixes I welcome them all.

I do know that doing something rather than just putting stock in my shop and waiting on the sales to start happening is a good move.  Since I've started tweeting I have increased my traffic - but still no sales.  I know that my pieces are good I just need other people to know too.

Onwards and upwards


Catherine at The MacsX



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...