Monday 12 January 2015

DIY Challenge - YARN

A Meditative Art Piece - An ideal Handmade Gift - in my Etsy Shop

Last week I told you that I want to take part in some Creative Challenges this year and I'm using the above piece as my entry to the first month in the DIY Challenge at Adventures in Making.

The theme is YARN and I loved the depth and texture the cream yarn brought to this canvas.  I created the letters with a crochet chain base and then used a close knit blanket stitch to cover the chains.  I took my favourite colour, blue, in acrylic and created an ombre effect shading.  I love the resulting calming oceanic effect.

And so, I'm off to post my details off to Rachel at Adventures in Making, and a hop over to Handmade Harbour and check out what lots of other lovely creatives have been up to.

Here's to a Creative Week ahead, and hopefully not too much snow.

Namaste

Catherine

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely, inspiration piece you made. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...